Islamic Topics

Saturday 15 November 2014

Bilal (RA) - When the Messenger SAW passed away

One day the Prophet (saw)said " Is there anyone who could buy Bilal & free him, look at the torment he goes through".

 

So Abu Bakar (RA) went to Ummayah Ibn Khalfat & said " Sell me Bilal (RA)"

Ummayah Ibn Khalfat said " yeah I'll sell him to you, because you are the one who corrupted him in the first place" Abu Bakar  (RA) asked " How much are you going to sell him to me?" Ummayah Ibn Khalfat replied " 10 gold coins".

So Abu Bakar (RA) went home and got 10 gold coins and gave them to him.Ummayah Ibn Khalfat  laughed  and Abu Bakar (RA) asked "why are you laughing?" Ummayah Ibn Khalfat said" I swear by Allah if you haggled with me and offered me just 1 gold coin for Bilal I would have sold him for 1 gold coin".Abu Bakar (RA) replied " I swear by Allah if you haggled with me and asked me for 100 gold coins for Bilal (RA) I would have given you 100 gold coins!"

 Abu Bakar (RA) would say " Bilal is my master" and Umar Ibn Khattab (RA) would say "Abu Bakar (RA) is our master and he freed our Master Bilal"

 

At the time of death of Prophet SAW

When the Prophet SAW was ill Bilal (RA) was giving the adhaan & when got to the part"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is the servant and Messenger of Allah". and he noticed the Messenger SAW didn't come out his house near the mosque. Bilal (RA) went to call him, he saw the Messenger SAW would be coming unconscious then conscious Bilal said " What Grief... I wish my mother  had never given birth  that I see this day, or that I died before seeing this day". Bilal returned to give the adhaan and became unconscious when he reached the part I testify that Muhammad SAW is the Messenger of God. Bilal noticed the Messenger SAW didn't come out his house he began to choke and cry  and all those around him began to cry. The Prophet SAW passed away and Bilal (RA) couldn't bare it and was unable to complete the Adhaan and would cry each time he reached the part I testify that Muhammad SAW is the Messenger of God. Bilal (RA) asked permission from Abu Bakar (RA) if he could leave Medina because he could not bare to live there without the Prophet SAW.

Years passed and one day whilst sleeping Bilal (RA) had a dream the Messenger of Allah SAW came to him in his dream and said " Oh Bilal what is it that you never come to visit us?
Bilal at a hurried pace went to visit Medina and lay on the Prophet SAW grave remembering him. Hasan & Hussain came & said " Oh Bilal give the adhaan" it was a request from the grandchildren of the Prophet SAW so he got up and gave the adhaan. At that moment Medina ERUPTED men and women came out their houses crying it bought back memories of the time when Prophet SAW was alive, the beards of the companions were filled with tears. Bilal left again as he couldn't bare to stay there.



   




No comments:

Post a Comment